Copyright Štefan Kiss 2017
Translation Marco Oros
This document gives you a basic information, how Eurofly works and how to use It.
Note about screen readers: This program is created for those, who can’t have any screen reader. It says a standard information by Sapi 5, but You can also change It in menu to read those informations by NVDA, Jaws or Winmonitor. Same are also for lists, or edit boxes. If You would like to keep those settings without changes and It matter, that Sapi 5 reads also lists to You, You can turned off by pressing f1 at the list. Another informations will also spoken by Sapi5 voice. If You’ll need also work without screen reader and You need items on lists on comboboxes to speak, press f1 on justany list to turn on to speak items and combo boxes. You can also use two speech inputs together, see tips and tricks documentation.
-Select a menu item from the main menu manual map view.
-Press backspace to select a step size to walk on the map. You can cyclically select between those options: 0,1, 0,5, 1, 10, 100 and 1000. Those size is in kilometers, so You will move by this value by every step, which You set.
-Press up, down, left and right arrow to move on map by directions to the north, south, west and west.
-Press a and d key to find a moving direction, for example 45 degrees, or 110 degrees. Keys a and d turn You by one degree. Pressing those keys with shift turned You by ten degrees and with control to direct way. For example, if You are at 100 degrees and You press ctrl +d, You will be at 180 degrees. If You press ctrl+A, You will be at 90 degrees.
-Press space to move by this direction, which You’ve set on previous step. Press Ctrl + spacebar to move back in this same direction
-If You press a shift with arrow keys or space bar, You’ll move to the
next object. For example, if You are at ocean, by pressing a space bar You
won’t move a
You can select also another mode for moving, if You don’t prefer to use move by kilometres by pressing cyclically f1 key.
You have the following modes to select:
1. 2D kilometres map (mode, which has been described abowe and is selected after program launch(. You move by kilometres in this mode by pressing arrows and spaces. You can't encircle the globe by meridians, there globe ends on poles.
2. 3D constant azimuth map - You will move by kilometres, like in previous mode. You can encircle the globe in this mode. Remember, that direction is constant. It means, that in the 0, 90, 180 and 270 you'll made a spirall to the pole.
3. Mouse mode - You can also move on map by using a mouse. You can zoom also map by using a mouse wheel, or up and down arrow. Press left click button to know country and press right button to know complet describtion of country, province and city. By pressing a shift key, You can also get an information about Your latitude and longitude.
4. 2D coordinates mode - This is similar like this first mode, but step is by coordinates. So, number 1000 representing move by Your circle of latitude, or meridian. Number 100 representing move by hundredth and 10 by tenth.
If You would like to jump to concrete coordinates, press the f key and write your latitude and longitude divided by comma (,), but if You want to enter decimal number, type the dot (.).
If You wish to find some city, use CTRL+F key and write a city, for
Objects on the map are
hierarchically sorted to the levels. But, in the water, there is one level,
water arena. In the land a higher level is a continent, lower are countries,
then provinces, cities, villages ETC. You can view It by pressing a number keys
from 1 to 7. For example, if You press a 1, You notice, that You are in
You’ll hear this information, if You’ll walk on the map. If You want only heard only some informations by a level, press ctrl and number key of level. Some informations are also sounded, for example change country, or there are different sounds for meridians and circles of latitude. Warning: There are various structures of various countries. If You press a ctrl+0, You will hear only changes of cities, but not of provinces.
There is also a capital city sound, which You can hear to
Press a k key to know Your latitude and l key to know Your longitude.
You can also scan, which is around You by pressing U, I, O and P keys.
U key says, what is on the left site of you,
I which is on the right,
O says, which is around You and
P infront of You.
By pressing those keys You will know, which countries are around You. By pressing those keys with ctrl, You will know, which countries are on the bow (U and I) and infront of You (P key). Those things are depend on which are You looking (a and d keys).
By pressing a h and v keys, You’ll know, how country is width and high.
You can also know, where You are in one country, or continent from cut. Press the f3 and You’ll hear two numbers. First number is latitude of country and secound, longitude.
H, V and f3 can be pressed with a control key. After that, You’ll hear those informations, but with a land, or water arena.
A cutting of country and continent is from down to up and left to right.
For example, if You heard, that You are heard ’18
There are 11 lists on Eurofly. First list is activated by pressing f5, there are continents and water arenas. F6 key lists countains countries. F7 key list countains also capital cities of countries and F8 keys, airports. F9 key list is list of Your favourite places, which You can add by pressing B key on the map or, when You fly. F10 key list is list of inportant cities.
There are also some inportant rules about those lists:
-If You press only those keys, You will be in alphabetical list. If You press a list keys with CTRL, You will know, which place is near of You. So, first place at the list means, that this place is nearly to You. If You press those keys with ctrl and shift, items will be viewed, as You wil turn clockwise. By pressing list keys with a shift, You won’t be in list, but software will read You most nearl place.
Items on lists are viewed, as name, distance from you, azimuth and time. Time depends on a speed, which You can set by press ctrl+backspace.
Profile is Your pilot. You can’t fly without any profile. You can create so many pilots, as You can.
Every pilot has a diary, where are informations about success and unsuccess flyings, howmany hours You fly ETC. You can create and delete your profiles by selecting option from the main menu ‘profiles’. If You want to fly, but You haven’t any profile created, You’ll be asked to create profile. If You have only one profile created, You’ll be quickly moved to the tasks, or free flying. If You have for example 2 or 3 profiles, program will ask You, what profile You wish to select.
Creation of profile is easy. Just type name of pilot and press enter.
You can view Your career by pressing ctrl+shift+d.
Each profile can be registered on the Eurofly server. If you do not have your profile registered, your registration will be automatically offered. You can and you do not have to accept it. If you accept it, you will be asked to enter your name, which means any player name, country, age and any note that is not mandatory. You can change your data at any time at Options/Profile manager. If your profile is registered on the server, you become part of the worldwide community of Eurofly players. You can watch who's all in Eurofly registered, who is flying, who is where and where what success he has achieved. Your successes will be seen by your colleagues on the web.
Select the free flying item from main menu and select your airplane. Before We move on to pic flying You’ll have to know, that there are three types of Airplanes.
1 – Those are little aircrafts.
2 – Those have also some helpful things.
3- Those very big have also autopilot function.
Also, airports are divided too in different (three) categories: It means, that You can’t land on little airport with big aircraft, but with little aircraft You can land everywhere. There is also different, if little airports have only one runway, middle and big airports have many runwais.
If you found yourself at the start hangars, you have to get him out. IN the following description will be taken into account. For successful take-off, you must do the following:
- open the hangar door - ctrl + O - see the state of the door with the O key
- turn on the onboard computer - press ctrl + shift + K
- turn on the transmitter - press ctrl + shift + F.
- enter the frequency - by pressing the F key you will get
the desired frequency and enter it after pressing Alt + F. You will be asked to do this more than once
during the flight, always when the frequency of the broadcast changes. Tuning the radio to the correct frequency is
important to be able to communicate with the tower. Without this step, you will not hear the
tower. At airports
- Turn the engines on with the page up and page down keys.
- release the brakes - B
move - press the Home key to add speed and use the R key to watch it. The L key also tracks your location at the airport. You point west to the S key and you have to get to the main road that is between the 3000th longitude 3200. The L key tells you your current longitude, which gradually drops to 3200. V this point is a junction, so be careful. If you are starting a beep before it, the track is free and you can continue, if you hear the clinking, the end brakes and the finally stop and wait until the sound again changes to a beep. Then go on again. Go straight until the sound of the beep disappears. This means that you are on the main road a you can turn right. Do this by pressing the right arrow or by pressing ctrl + right arrow. When you turn around a the S key you will report north, continue to the parking position that is between 0 and 100. Your institution is called by the K key.
- You can decide whether you want to get passengers or not, on the parking position. If so, press ctrl + w to tell to ground that you want to take passengers and he will give you the gate. Again move and Continue straight until you hear the gates signal. During slow travel, swing to the direction in which you hear the signal. If you turn west or east a signal stinks, get on the road and you can continue. Continue until you hear the name of the gate you gave it to you. If you hear it, just hang up.
- Open door - ctrl + R
- Board passengers' control - Ctrl + W - When everyone arrives, you will learn their number
- play video with security instructions - Alt + I key.
- fetch it - use the ctrl + E or ctrl + shift + E key. The first one will only pump the required amount of fuel, the other will take the full tank. Be aware that each aircraft has a different tank capacity. Press the E key to find out the status of the fuel.
- Close the door - ctrl + R
- Commit - ctrl + B
- schedule a flight - press ctrl + F8 to view the list of airports and press spacebar at the airport you want to fly, respectively. through which you want to fly. Each space on which you press the spacebar will be added to the navigation. The latter will be considered as the target, the others will be the destination through which it will fly. When the escape is complete, close the list of airports. If you switch to the navigation system on your on-board computer, you will see your planned route there. You can erase what you do not need.
- if the ground allocates the track, from where you will take off, press backspace to activate the return. Again move and wander until you're back on the main road that's going on by hearing Gates. Then turn north. When you are properly turned, stop, turn off the back and move again, now forward. At the airports of 2 category all runwais begin on the main way. On airports of 3 category they are here only runway 1 2 and 3 and after here are A and B route on which runways A1 to A5 or B1 to B5 are located. You have to turn on them and continue until you find the right runway. You turn to her and then stop.
- set the transponder - enter the aproach tower frequency. The tower will tell you a unique code. Turn on the transponder - press ctrl + shift + T (transponder) and then press alt + T and enter the code that the tower has announced. You will be invited to this step before the new airport. The Responder for you announces the tower of your identity and location and ensures that you do not jump with other aircraft. If you do not set the transponder, you risk a collision with another aircraft.
- turn on ventilation - press ctrl + shift + V
- Turn on the pressure system - press ctrl + shift + P
- turn on a temperature - Ctrl + Q
- Turn TCas on - Ctrl + shift + C
- turn on a thunderstorm radar - ctrl + shift + S
- if it is night, turn on the lights: front, back and inside - shift F, shift B and shift S
- if you use a braille line, you can turn on the monitor status - Alt + M key
- Press ctrl + enter to view aircraft properties and see how much you count on boarding and boarding passengers. From this, your current take-off speed is also being developed
- ask for permission to take off - F1. If the weather is bad, you may have to wait . Do the next steps until you have permission.
- If you have autopilot, you can turn it on by the alt + U key and he will take off himself. If you have a small plane you have to take off manually.
- Activate the flaps with the ctrl + F key
- now add the engine power with the alt + Home and watch speed. If it is equal to the take-off speed you previously found, press delete to stop the next speed increase.
- lift the nose with the lower arrow so that it is between 10 and 15 degrees. Tilt the T.
- When you reach the
take-off speed and lift your nose correctly, you will pull off from the
ground. Your height you are looking at
with the Z key will rise and you get the tower command. Now you have to turn off the flap and make
the gear up. Your speed will rise 20,
30 or even
- Deactivate the dash with the ctrl + F key
- make the gear up with the ctrl + G key
- keep pace and incline until your air interface tells you that you have successfully taken off. This is your take off.
- Category 1 airports have no runways or gates. Passengers are driving directly on the parking position and take off the track that is right in front of you. Perform other actions as described.
- some aircraft may not be equipped with some systems.
- You can also float on the parking position, so if you do not want to get passengers, you do not have to go to the gate.
You control your airplane by pressing left and right arrow to turn by degree on one direction.
Pressing shift and left and right arrows turns you by 10 degrees.
Pressing those arrows with control You’ll head a perpendicular direction (for example, north, south, west and east). It is made gradually. You can chect direction by pressing ‘s’ key. If You’ll heard two numbers, for example ‘10/90’, It means, that You are at 10 degrees, but target is 90 degrees. You’ll hear a ding, when turn is finished.
By pressing up and down arrow, You’ll control Your yoke. By pressing down arrow You’ll rise up, by pressing up arrow You’ll falling down.
In the bigger airplane, You can set Your automatic altitude driver to certain altitude by pressing alt+z and entering number. You’ll hear two numbers, like in situation with direction.
This same is with automatic speed driver in the big airplanes by pressing alt+r.
Be careful, because there are two speeds: one is of engine, and another is normal speed depends on for example wind. By pressing r key You only know an engine speed, but by pressing shift+r, You will hear real speed.
You can freely rise and fall, change your speed, but not at minimum, like your take off and landing speed, because aircraft will crash.
You can’t change your speed, as It is Your travel speed, but You can turn on the turbo, if You don’t wish to sit very long on Your computer.
You can also notice, how far away is near airport.
You’ll be announced to set Your frequency. Press f to know Your new frequency and alt+f to change It.
If You will be at new airport, tower informs You to set transponder. Do It by pressing alt+T. It is necessarry, if You don’t wish to crash.
You can also repeat lastly spoken request by pressing spacebar. But, if You live airport, You can’t listen this request.
If You are in the new state, You’ll challenged to identify Yourself. Do It by pressing f2 key.
There are similar or same key shortcuts, like in manual viewing of the map. But, U I O and P are depend of Your looking. Set it by keys Y and C on Your keyboard. In English, It is Z and C (qwerty keyboard). Check Your looking coordinates by pressing x key. To set Your look back, where You fly, press ctrl+s. If You wish to change Your airplane in this direction, like You look, press alt+s and type the number, which You’ve heard, when You have pressed the x key.
If some city or willage will be interested on You, press letter b to add It to Your favourites (f9 key).
You can view countries, cities, seas and airports, like in manual viewing of the map. Press spacebar key to set (for example airport) to Your navigation.
There are three types of navigation systems:
Audio navigation (all airplane categories)
Auto navigation (airplanes category 2 or 3)
Autopilot (only airplanes in category 3)
You check Your target by pressing N key.
Press alt+n to activate audio navigation.
Press alt+p to activate auto navigation.
And finally, press alt+u to activate auto pilot.
You can check, howmany kms You have to the target and name of this target by pressing ctrl+n.
Auto navigation and auto pilot drive Your airplane automatically, in audio navigation You’ll hear the beep. If beep is at center It means, that You are good set to Your target. But, if You don’t hear the beep, target is behind You.
You have also at categories 2 and 3 aircrafts the bar and drinks. Press ctrl+l to call stewardess, select from the list the drink and if steward or stewardess brinks You the drink, press ctrl+k to drink It. Coffees and chocolates are drinked by little, but cola is drunked fully.
During a flight, you may experience a TCAS warning signal
rise or TCas drop. It means that another
aircraft flies towards you and you
must avoid it. Drop or climb at least
Likewise, it may happen that a great storm will appear before you. If you have a storm radar turned on, it will tell you by a beep that will first be lower but then increase as you get closer to storm. You do not have to fly such a storm, because it would knock you off country. You have to wear it and with arrows to change the flight to keep the storm going.
Crisis events may also occur occasionally, e.g. fire may explode on board. Then you have to land immediately.
You can check onboard computer who pilots are flying at of Eurofly.
If you like, you can even write a message to them. Press ctrl + shift + G to turn on the
communicator a Alt + G sent a
message. A message board will appear on
the on-board computer. If you switch it
to the tab, you can write another pilot.
By numbers 1 to 8 or 0 you can set the channel according to what you
want the pilots to hear. If you set
channel 0, the pilots will hear you from
whole world. If you give channel
1, only pilots on your continent will hear you, with the channel 2 pilots
in in your channel, 3 pilots up to
You will choose a targeted airports and drive on It. You do that by selecting one airport by f8, or ctrl+f8 and press spacebar on It.
Nextly, very important is decrease on Your landing speed. You can find It by pressing ctrl+enter and found It on aircraft properties.
You must fall or rise on not very high altitude. Very great is 100 for landing. Because You fly big way, some fuel are decreased and It also influence Your actual landing speed.
Autopilot will landing automatically, but If You haven’t auto pilot, do those steps:
1. Fall to 100 and decrease Your actual landing speed.
2. If You are at
3. If You get permission for landing, do those things:
3.1. take front the gear by pressing ctrl+g
3.2 Turn flaps on by pressing ctrl+f key.
3.3. Take airplane nose to value around -12 by pressing up arrow.
If interface informs You, that landing is success, You will be at the airport way somewhere between -1000. Increase the speed and check your position by pressing k key. You must stop the airplane between 0 and 100.
If You’ll be at the correct position, interface inform You ‘parking position’ and landing is success.
Open the door by pressing ctrl+r.
Board of the passengers by pressing ctrl+w.
Note1: You can also change Your airport by selecting It from the list and press the enter key.
Note2: You can also change Your airplane by pressing ctrl+a.
Note3: If you need an emergency landing outside an airport, you can do so, but only once a day. The critical events are not countered. Set your transmitter to the frequency 121.5, which is the emergency frequency. Key F You will now communicate but no SOS signal.
Select from the main menu item tasks.
Program gets You a new task. You can check It by pressing letter A. There will be various challenges, like flying from point a to point b, there will be layover, or there will be those things, like not flying at certain countries or defining, across which countries You must fly ETC.
Shortcut ctrl+a gets You a brief description of Your task and ctrl+shift+a also this, what You complete in this task.
If You haven’t enough time to finish task, land on some airport, exit game and Your task will be saved on this airport, which You land.
If You made a mistake, press ctrl+f4 and task will be reseted.